Attorney Ashley P. Allen is Partner at Sibbison & DeJuneas while maintaining her own solo practice focusing on criminal defense. Attorneys Allen and DeJuneas have worked together for years, going back to Ashley's time in law school. With her extensive knowledge of criminal law, especially in suppression matters, Sibbison & DeJuneas is proud to have Attorney Ashley serve our clients in a "Partner" capacity. She is a member of the Massachusetts bar and admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
Attorney Allen has always wanted to be a criminal defense lawyer. After high school, she worked as a legal assistant for a criminal defense firm in the same New Hampshire town where she grew up, while working towards her associate's degree in legal studies from Northern Essex Community College and later, her bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Boston University.
Attorney Allen then went on to receive her juris doctorate from Boston University School of Law. As a student, Attorney Allen handled criminal cases for indigent criminal defense clients in the Boston Municipal Court. As a student attorney, she stood out, winning dismissals as well as several motions along the way and successfully sealing a client's criminal records. Proving her dedication to criminal law, she also worked pro bono at the New Orleans Public Defender's Office.
While attending law school, Attorney Allen worked as a law clerk for Sibbison & DeJuneas, as well as the Law Office of Robert L. Sheketoff. She now works Partner at both firms.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Massachusetts, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2018
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2016
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 2013
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Sibbison & DeJuneas, Law Clerk
- Law Office of Robert Sheketoff, Law Clerk
- Law Office of Richard Monteith, Legal Assistant
Pro Bono Activities
- New Orleans Public Defender's Office